Friday, April 8, 2016

Blog 2

Google's ads are all over the web, there is almost no day that goes by with out running into a google ad. What tends to make their ads stand out is that they are related to things that you where recently searching on google. This method may make it seem like google has too much info about what we do online; but I would argue that this is a good way for us to get ads. Because the ads are only from things that we search there is little random or possibly offensive ads that make it into your ad experience. I would say that although they know what we are doing online there is a benefit to that and it is censoring the internet to keep content that we are not interested in away.

But with all the products and services google makes its also good not to upset google. Cuz they are watching.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler-- Yes, no doubt there are benefits to Google watching us all the time. Unlike in the early days of the Internet, we are not inundated with online ads for things that aren't really relevant to us (denture cream, package vacations to Disney World, online gambling, faith healers). But, sometimes I worry that I am missing out on things I might develop an interest in but know nothing about. Maybe if the ads Google showed me ads for West African Jazz music, I might click on one of them and discover a new interest...

    ReplyDelete